How does Laser Therapy work?
The laser works by creating an increase of blood supply, bringing in oxygen to the cells. It stimulates the lymphatic system, pulling swelling and inflammation from the area. The body’s basic unit of energy, ATP (Adenosine triphosphate), production is stimulated in the cells helping them have the energy to function normally. The pain reflex is broken, offering immediate relief of pain.
Laser therapy can alleviate pain, reduce inflammation and accelerate recovery from a wide range of acute and chronic clinical conditions. Significant reduction in swelling has been noted as well as tissues are better able to move fluids out through lymphatic drainage pathways.
Conditions Treated by Laser Therapy
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Back and Neck Pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Myofascical Trigger Points
- Epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow)
- Sprains, Strains
- Repetitive Strain Injuries
- Chondromalacia Patellae
- Plantar Fascitis
- Degenerative Joint Conditions
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
- Osteoarthritis (OA)
- Neurogenic Pain
- Herpes Zoster (Shingles)
- Post-traumatic Injury
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Diabetic Neuropathy
- Biostimulation including improved metabolism & increased cell metabolism
- Improved blood circulation and vasodilatation (blood supply)
- Analgesic (pain relieving) effect
- Anti-inflammatory and anti-edematous effects
- Acceleration of tissue repair and wound healing
- Relieves acute and chronic pains
- Increases the speed, quality and tensile strength of tissue repair
- Increases blood supply
- Stimulates the immune system
- Stimulates and improves nerve function
- Develops collagen and muscle tissue
- Helps generate new and healthy cells and tissue
- Promotes faster wound healing and clot formation
- Reduces inflammation
- Angiogenesis (improved circulation)
- Reduction in fibrous tissue (scar tissue) formation
- Releases Nitric Oxide
- Increase ATP Production
- Increase Fibroblast Migration
- Increase Macrophage Activity
- Increase Keratinocyte Activity
- Increase RNA DNA Synthesis
- Increase Enzyme Production
- Increase SOD Production
We offer two different types of laser therapy at Inspirit Therapy
We use cold laser therapy to treat both acute and chronic pain. Using a low-power laser, we stimulate healing in tissues. This is safe and effective for certain types of pain. Ask your therapist if it’s right for you.
High Intensity Laser Therapy
Our practice is proud to offer a high intensity laser therapy modality, using LightForce Therapy Lasers. The laser is used to target deep tissues, stimulating the body’s natural healing processes. This treatment doesn’t require surgery or drugs, and it is a painless procedure. When used in conjunction with soft-issue and manual modalities, high intensity laser therapy can help improve effectiveness, decrease myofascial pain, and increase mobility. Laser therapy is on the cutting-edge of physical therapy treatment and offers an innovative approach to conditions such as:
Fibromyalgia, Arthritis, Neuralgia, Neck & Back Pain, Knee & Ankle Pain, Sciatica, Sprains & Strains, Soft-Tissue Injuries, Tendonitis, Sports Injuries, Carpal Tunnel, Tennis Elbow, Plantar Fasciitis, And Many More!
What makes these high-intensity lasers so effective? They have a high power output that allows them to penetrate far below the skin. This means they can target tissues deep within the body for improved healing, drastically cutting down on treatment time and benefitting even severe conditions. Patients experience improved mobility, decreased pain, and increased function, faster.
Contact Us About Starting Laser Therapy Today
Start with the least-invasive treatment options if patients are experiencing pain. To reduce pain, try cold laser therapy before considering surgery or shots. Laser therapy can also be used to wean patients off pain medication. Call us today to learn more about our low-level treatment options.
Request An Appointment
Please fill out this form and
we will contact you about scheduling.
You get the care you need vs. spending time and money on appointments you dont. Love the whole staff and Eliza is amazing.
Takes the time to listen. Easy to communicate & looks at the big picture, not just one particular area. Will treat you like family.